1954 the elders of the West End Church of Christ (one of the first
churches of Christ in Atlanta) became interested in establishing a
congregation in the Cascade Heights area, and set aside the
contributions on the fifth Sundays for a Cascade Heights Building
Fund. This fund continued to grow until 1956 when the first
Sunday of each month was designated as Cascade Heights Building Fund
The new building was
completed in May 0f 1958 and the congregation moved in with a record
crowd of 330 on May 25, 1958.
In July 1969, a committee
was appointed to look for suitable land upon which the congregation
could relocate sometime in the future. On October 23, 1969 23 acres
were purchased on Clark Road in South Fulton County for future use of
the congregation. In March 1971 the re-zoning for church use was
approved on about 10 acres of the property.
Sunday morning, March 26,
1972 was designated as the last service at Cascade Heights. After
March 26, 1972 the congregation would be known as the Cedar Grove
Church of Christ.
Until the new building
could be built, the Cedar Grove Church would meet in the Cliftondale
On Sunday January 21,
1973, the groundbreaking ceremony was held and construction of the
11,000 square foot building was begun. By Sunday, April 21, 1974, the
church was near completion enough for the first service to be
conducted in the new building.
Through the years much
good has been accomplished with the teachings of the following
untold amount of good has been accomplished by good members, good
elders, good deacons, good ministers, good praying, good preaching,
good works-and all in the name of The Good Giver, Jesus Christ,
without Whom the Cedar Grove Church of Christ could not exist.